- Makes relapse protection more effective than oral Naltrexone does since taking medicines on daily basis is not required
- Avoids the need to supervise Naltrexone and the conflicts it can cause
- Makes it impossible to 'forget' or to change one’s mind to take Naltrexone pill
- Less Naltrexone quantities are required because of stomach and liver transit is excluded
- Reduces cravings even more than oral Naltrexone because the patient’s motivation struggle is over with the Naltrexone depot intervention
- Patient is constantly aware of the pellet under the skin and is psychologically aware of the protection against of drugs, he feels more peaceful and confident.
- Involves minor surgery and a small scar with temporary tenderness and bruises.
- Occasional local inflammation or rejection reaction of implant site, usually responding to antibiotics or anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Implant dissolves completely after several months (it doesn't have to be removed)
Why choose implants?
Do you still have questions about Naltrexone implants (heroine blockers)? Please feel free to contact us about them. We are happy to be of assistance.
+44 20 3289 8289
How does heroin blocker look like?
Naltrexone implant in the sterile package made by Pellet Technologies LLC (New Jersey)
American view of heroin blocker
Dr. Peter Coleman (The Coleman Institute - USA) on Naltrexone implants