This self-test is not intended to be used for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical or emotional condition. We advise you to consult your doctor about any concerns you may have regarding this questionnaire.
The purpose of this survey is to give you some insight into whether or not you may have a problem with Alcohol and/or Drugs.
Fill out the information in each section as requested. Then at the end of the form supply your name and contact information (optional), and submit the form. You will receive a confirmation message from us shortly.
1. Do you lose time from work due to your drinking or drug use? YES NO
2. Is your drinking/drug use making your home life unhappy? YES NO
3. Do you drink or drug because you are shy with other people? YES NO
4. Is drinking or drug use affecting your reputation? YES NO
5. Have you ever felt remorse after drinking or drug use? YES NO
6. Have you gotten into financial difficulties because of your drinking or drug use? YES NO
7. Do you turn to lower companions and inferior environment when drinking or using drugs? YES NO
8. Does your drinking or drug use make you careless of your family's welfare? YES NO
9. Has your ambition decreased since drinking or using drugs? YES NO
10. Do you crave a drink or a drug at a definite time daily? YES NO
11. Do you want a drink or drug the next morning? YES NO
12. Does drinking or drug use cause you difficulty in sleeping? YES NO
13. Has your efficiency decreased since drinking or using drugs? YES NO
14. Is drinking or drug use jeopardizing your job or business? YES NO
15. Do you drink or use drugs to escape from worries or troubles? YES NO
16. Do you drink or use drugs alone? YES NO
17. Have you ever had a complete loss of memory as a result of your drinking or drug use? YES NO
18. Has your physician ever treated you for drinking or drug use? YES NO
19. Do you drink or use drugs to build up your self confidence? YES NO
20. Have you ever been in a hospital or institution as a result of drinking or drug use? YES NO
If you have answered YES to any one of the questions, there is a definite warning that you may be an alcoholic.
If you answered YES to any two, the chances are that you are an alcoholic.
If you answered YES to three or more, you are definitely an alcoholic.
(The above test questions are used by Johns Hopkins University Hospital, Baltimore MD., In deciding whether or not a patient is alcoholic.)